Training and support in care homes with Visioncall: everyone can benefit
Visioncall offers years of experience in training and supporting care home management and staff, with presentations and ongoing service that provide professional, practical and innovative solutions to better eyesight.
Better Eyesight with Visioncall
We particularly emphasise the crucial role of good communication, not only among the multi-disciplinary team that has to operate within a home, but also between staff and patients. Better eyesight enhances older people’s perception of the world around them, helps their confidence and boosts their ability to interact. Staff with specific interaction skills will cope more effectively with eye degeneration in residents and have the skills to support them. Everyone benefits.
- We prepare staff for the arrival of optometrists and dispensing opticians
- We organise question and answer groups
- We hold sensory deprivation simulation sessions: specially designed spectacles help staff and management comprehend visual impairments and eye degeneration.
- Issues are tackled all the way to individual level (looking at visual conditions such as cataracts, for example)
- Booklets are available for ongoing reference
- Complimentary posters are provided which can be usefully placed in the homes
- The Attendance Certificate is presented to every home after training